Motorola rolled out the update of Android 4.2.2 for Moto G, ahead of schedule. The updates offered only for the USA users, which bought their units from Amazon and Motorola’s official site for both Global GSM and US GSM. The updates are available on over-the-air (OTA). Users will automatically get the update notification.
At the launch of the device, Motorola made the arguments that user will get the update of installed Android’s version in January 2014.
Motorola makes the words on a blog post
Our KitKat family is expanding! When we launched Moto G last month, we committed to delivering Android, KitKat, to devices by early 2014. We are thrilled to start delivering on that promise early.
Users will find the following modification in updated version:
- Kitkat goodies: New full-screen mode, better closed captioning support, improved and stronger security.
- Dial pad: Updates modify the dial pad, now user can look up contacts directly from the dial pad.
- Photo focus: ‘touch and focus’ option improved with a new circular, user can adjust an image’s focus and exposure.
- Photo editing: A new photo editing option is added to Gallery app like adjustment of color, exposure, contrast, advance cropping, new filter effect and more.
- Credit card reader: New support added for credit card reader.
- Google Hangout: A new kind of Google Hangout introduced in updated version that will supports integrated SMS/MMS.
- Other modifications: Enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, new color emoji support. Print the images from Google Docs, Gmail, and other content on phone through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.