Google launch the next version of android “Android 5.0 Lollipop” on Wednesday with the claim of largest Android release till the date. The Android 5.0 preview was appear in June 2014 at Google I/O. The Android L is launched as a part of Google’s new device Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player device. Google also roll-out the Android L for its existing Nexus 4, nexus 5, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 Tablets as well as Google Play edition.
Sundar Pichai, SVP, Android, Chrome & Apps at Google made a note at blog post “Lollipop is our largest, most ambitious release on Android with over 5,000 new APIs for developers. Lollipop is designed to be flexible, to work on all your devices and to be customized for you the way you see fit. And just like Android has always been, it’s designed to be shared.”
Android 5.0 carries a lot of new features and also made improvement over Android 4.4 KitKat. Google said that this version of Android will gave a cleaner look with bold color and is the company’s attempt to unify Android’s look and fell across devices. New version also gave the more control on Android devices by bringing new enhancements.
In other post by Google mention the below words “You can now adjust your settings so that only certain people and notifications can get through, for example, when you’re out to dinner or in the middle of an important meeting. And when an important notification does come through, you can see it directly from the lockscreen”.
Major features of Android 5.0 Lollipop.
• One Android version for all devices – phone, tablet, smartwatch, TV and even car
• Synced experience across devices: Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one of your Android devices can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
• Native battery saver feature that extends your device battery backup by up to 90 minutes
• Guest mode & Android Smart Lock
• New ways to control when and how you receive notifications
• New quick settings
• Better overall performance with ART (New Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness)
• Improved graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities
• Support for over 68 languages including Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu